So many fads out there there days with cloud, SaaS and of course, Big Data being fads *insert extreme sarcasm here*.
“Data analysis software maker Tableau Software Inc forecast better-than-expected current-quarter revenue after reporting quarterly results that handily beat analysts’ estimates, sending its shares up 16 percent in extended trading.”
Some quick facts from this report:
- License sales of the company’s business intelligence software jumped 93 percent to $58.0 million, with existing customers contributing 66 percent of total license revenue.
- Tableau said it closed 179 sales orders of greater than $100,000 and added more than 1,800 customer accounts in the fourth quarter. The company now has 17,000 customer accounts.
- The company said it expects first-quarter revenue of $61 million to $63 million, beating analysts’ average expectation of $60.3 million, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
- The company posted a net income of $11.2 million, or 16 cents per share, in the fourth quarter, compared with a loss of $1.1 million, or 3 cents per share, a year earlier.
- Revenue nearly doubled to $81.5 million.
Here is a look at the one year stock price performance: